Wednesday 15 January 2014

I Wonder.......!!






This morning
I was looking at my son's cattle
busily grazing in the field behind our house
and I wondered....

What do they think about whilst they are eating??

"Just a little more grass"....?!!



I remember
a good friend.....a minister's wife
who led a very gifted ministry.
She used to jog for miles most days.....
Somebody asked her did she pray whilst she jogged.?
Did she have deep and meaningfull thoughts?
(others expectations of us ..as well as 
our own about ourselves??)

She said "No.....
...I think.....I'll just try and make it 
as far as the next lamppost!"

That was unexpected!!




I enjoyed my year , last year......




Seeing things from a different angle.....

This is the ferry
starting it's journey to Ireland....


Then this bridge leads to further delights
around the corner



I accomplished so many things
from my wish list...



Ok
It did mean pushing myself..
and taking extra painkillers......
and resting for the next few days.....



But....I felt so fulfilled
and satisfied at just having accomplished it.
........
After operating
my consultant said that my nerves
were so badly crushed
that he wondered how I had managed to do all I did!

So did I!!

What I know is that....for me...
at that time....the best thing was....
accomplishing something
after years of operations and resting.

I wonder if we would act differently....
not put off to another day
the things we would really like to do/see.....
repair broken relationships...
whatever is bubbling away at the back of our minds...
just needing to be done...someday...
after I've done....




This was Newgale last summer.....

I wonder if....
the pub owners ever thought......??




and this is it last week...
after the floods had subsided a little.....
The shingle bank
has been thrown onto the road 
so that you can't see where it is.....
....and the pub was much more submerged 
by the flood waters




People walk along the new bank
where the road once was..
whilst...
Diggers work to restore it....




Can you see the edge of the road??





Roll on summer!
So I can, once again, visit favourite spots!


Last week I was told
that I was still to take it very easy...
to continue as I was told to do straight after the op...
to stay on crutches...
not bend, stretch, twist....etc
so that the bone grafts
and rods they have put in...
will take and heal.

I wonder why...
we women have to have permission.....
to stop and rest
Before my appointment last week...
I had been thinking that I should be 
trying to do more...
..that it was 'time' for me...
to pick up the reigns of the house, meals etc...

It was such a relief to be told by a professional...
to stop and rest for sometime yet..

I am so grateful
for all that I am learning....
especially over these last few years of,
mainly, inactivity.

I'm so grateful, also,
for all the encouraging comments from you...
my blogging friends




I still....Wonder Why....

What about you??!!





24 comments:

  1. I wonder why about so many things, even more so lately. Sometimes a body needs time to heal. Forcing ones self to take that time can be extremely difficult, but necessary. Take the time. Stop and rest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Joan it is so nice to hear from you and know you are doing well, let people take care of you, the benefits of feeling a little selfish and pampered is truly a GOOD thing with the long term benefits that you went through all this for. I am positive the ones who love you love taking care of you and making you smile. YOU are an amazing strong woman who has endured much it is time to take care of you. As for your question I wonder why and what all the time, that is the stuff life is made of. Take care and lots of hugs. Relax and get better. Hugs Buttons

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful to read your post this morning, Joan! I have thought of you often! This is a good reminder to me to try to put aside the procrastination that seems to have become a part of me and make today meaningful! You are wise to continue following the doctor's advice. Sending happy, healing thoughts across the waters to you! Blessings, Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello good to hear from you. Glad that you are making progress. It's important to rest etc to ensure you fully heal. It's hard I know to sit back and let others look after you but I'm they are happy to. Take care. Hugs Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to hear you are recovering! Take the advice of your Dr. and don't overdo it. Rest is a very important part of the healing process.

    ReplyDelete
  6. There's so much to think about here. I wonder about many of the same kinds of things. I hope you're feeling well and back to normal soon, rest as much as you can.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is good to hear you are doing well.Missed your blog posts. Take care of your self, and rest! Blessings on you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have a positive approach to life and obviously are determined to get better, Bravo!
    Thinking of you and hoping 2014 will be peaceful, healthy and filled with contentment!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It sounds like you are doing well, making progress. Glad to read it, and that you want to do things. But keep it slow!!. Women always run. Hoping 2014 will be a good year. groetjes, Gerda

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh- Yes- I wonder why often. I am so glad that your spirits are up and that you are taking the time to heal properly. Who knew that it would be this long of a process...and you have hung in there as you have needed to. It is good that the dr told you to rest and not push yourself because we women push ourselves far beyond what we should many times over. Blessings to you- I am glad it was a good last year overall- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm glad to see you say hello to us -- haven't seen you visit me lately, come on over! I'm glad that you're doing better and have been given the green light to take it easy. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy you are recovering Joan . . . Amazing the PATIENCE you must have to hold back, let heal, wait . . . Always wonderful to see your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am so happy you are healing Joan, it is so nice to see you posting. I wonder why about a lot of things, some personal some more global in nature. Rest, rest, and more rest for you so you heal properly.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  14. Life is full of all kinds of wonder for me too, Joan. I wonder why natural disasters and human caused accidents happen and what I can do to help cope with them. In the midst of witnessing or experiencing the pain in those wonderings, I am grateful for the the glimpses of beauty around me that draw me to experience awe and wonder as well. Life is wonder full, isn't it :)
    I am so excited that you are able to post and that you are healing!!! I am celebrating this with you. Your post brought to mind a passage I ponder about from time to time. Hebrew 3-4 discusses the rest of God. I just read the passage on line in the Message version. While the passage may be aiming to highlight the rest we can have with God in heaven, somehow it speaks to me about the rest I can have [physically, emotionally] with God now... in the midst of whatever :) ......more wondering :)
    At any rate I am cheering you on to rest and heal as the doctors are encouraging you to do, Joan. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. So glad to read this new post, Joan, and that you are giving yourself permission to rest while you heal. I wonder all the time about so ,any things and should give myself time off as well.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Why ... is giving oneself permission to rest, even when one has good cause, so difficult for us ... oh, how I wish I knew. I do know you must do as you've been told and not feel guilty about leaving things for others to do! Look after yourself Joan x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Joan, I hope that you are taking this time to rest and that your healing is coming along. Sometimes we do just need to take the time to just be rather than always doing. Perhaps you are able to crochet to while away the time. :) Wishing you all the best, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  18. I do hope your silence since this post doesn't point to any kind of backward step and that you're healing well.

    And yes, why?, it's a question I seem to ask all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Was thinking about you and hoping that all is well as you have not been by recently. Your shots in this post are lovely! Hope that you are doing well and improving!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Heal and rest up for your adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I think of you so often, and hope that you are making a safe and sound and pain-free recovery. Do get your rest and take good care of you, so you'll be mended and enjoying SPRING and all those wonderful places you'd like to travel.

    I hope you're well and warm where you are (another foot or so of snow for us this weekend, and we've already broken the all-time FOREVER record this year). DO feel better and I hope you're up and about and able to post again soon. I've missed you.

    rachel

    ReplyDelete
  22. Dear Joan! What a wonderful post. I'm sorry I missed it when you first posted it. I was just wondering how you are and what you've been up to. I hope you are well and able to get around and do the things you love.

    You're in my thoughts & prayers xox

    ReplyDelete
  23. Joan sorry I have not been visiting your blog, hope you are on the mend and you enjoy the spring sunshine after the floods.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Have not seen a post from you in a while, I know you are recovering from a big surgery and need a lot of time to heal, but I just wanted to drop by to say hello and hope you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting on my blog. I look forward to reading your thoughts and ideas!