Sunday 6 May 2012

A Sunny Sunday





 






It was a glorious Summery Sunday afternoon today 
and also my friend's birthday so....


I decided to take her to a garden centre
for a cup of tea!







Others were already there...sitting on the deck
enjoying their afternoon tea.


The view from the deck is stunning.....






We could see people feeding the fish in the pond
and so....
 we finished our tea.......
and wandered over






to the platform where there are seats and room
to enjoy the pond





Others were there before us but we attacked sideways over the stepping stones





and leant over to see the fish.





I was tempted to take the fish food off a young lad...
but restrained myself!






The view from the seats, we had managed to grab,
was wonderful......










We decided to walk through the bluebell woods










The person who owns the garden centre ordered
British bluebells........but got....

Spanish bluebells instead....






There is a lot of concern over the Spanish Bluebell Increasing easily and taking over the
British woodland

I have to say, though, that they make an
impressive show





The British variety is much more delicate!







we walked through these man-made woods.....






and looked back...over the ponds







It was getting cooler so we decided to walk back to
the tea room





There were still people sitting outside and enjoying their quiet afternoon tea.






Inside the tearoom ...we took one last look
out of the window






At our lovely Sunday afternoon!!


I am linking toBlue Monday at

Smiling Sally for Blue Monday

http://smilingsally.blogspot.com/"

19 comments:

  1. What a lovely way to spend a Sunday afternoon. I've had a little stagger round Arley Hall gardens with hubby this afternoon - first time I've been out of the house since 'the tooth' on Wednesday. Weather wasn't quite as nice at this end of Wales though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there. What a very pleasant afternoon you had with your friend, and what a lovely way to celebrate her birthday! It looks very peaceful there beside the ponds, and I'm glad you didn't pinch the little boy's fishfood. Hee Hee! He probably wouldn't have minded. That was a real treat walking through the bluebell wood. Pity about the Spanish bluebells though! Fortunately, it has been a very pleasant day here as well, which is just as well, because I think tomorrow and the whole of this coming week, we are going to be getting some very wet weather :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful way to celebrate with a friend and the gardens are beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks lovely! What is the difference between Spanish and British Bluebells? We don't have them here, it is too hot, but we have bluebonnets & they are gorgeous in the spring! They grow wild here. We also have Indian Paintbrush, which is red. Thank you for sharing your afternoon tea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It all looks lovely. What a nice way to spend the afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for stopping by my blog. I have certainly enjoyed my visit here. I liked reading about you, the beautiful place that you live and am glad that part of your new adventures this year include blogging!
    blessings!
    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  7. Joan, what a beautiful day you had. What a gorgeous place to visit and walk through. Most relaxing with your cup in hand..Happy Monday..Judy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful place, very scenic.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for sharing your blues. I've never seen Spanish bluebells before.

    Happy 1st Blue Monday, Joan; yes, you got your star!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful place to have a cup of tea and a wander. Your pictures are really lovely. Sounds as if you had a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my goodness. Your pictures are beautiful. Seeing all those pictures reminded me of the brochures you take a rest stops. They make you want to go to the place on the picture. Gorgeous.
    TFS. Ana

    ReplyDelete
  12. Being with nature is fun!

    Blue Eggs, have a great week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  13. A lovely way to spend the afternoon indeed!!!!
    : ) Kris

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great shots! Happy Blue Monday to you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful place I think your friend had a very nice birthday I know I truly enjoyed it. B

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful photos. I will enjoy seeing Wales, getting to know you and you me. I too was a counselor.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This looks like a lovely place to spend the day. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for visiting my blog and deciding to follow, I hope you continue to enjoy it. One of my 'daydreams' is to one day visit Britain and to walk in the bluebell woods. I heard about them from my grandfather, he was on leave near London during the first world war and said they were beautiful. I'm hoping there will still be some left by the time I eventually get there two generations later :D)
    So I have enjoyed this little teaser you have given me.
    Blessings,
    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  19. so pretty nature and flower pictures you have here :) visiting from blue monday. http://www.heartscontentofamama.com/2012/05/blue-pansy-some-blue-wild-flowers.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting on my blog. I look forward to reading your thoughts and ideas!