Friday 6 March 2015

Strange Light











I just can't believe that
it's been so long since I have written to you all.
When I looked back
it was last September!!
I'm so sorry!

I have been visiting you all
but not commenting
as I know I tend to visit those
who have been kind enough to comment
and
I didn't want you all to have a fruitless journey!






What's been happening??
Well....
When I look back
I see that I wrote I was still in some pain.

The pain got worse
and when I returned to the consultant
he discovered 2 of the screws,
 at the top fixing the 
4 vertebrae that had been fused, 
had come loose.
These were waggling around and making bigger holes etc...etc...

The upshot was
that I returned to hospital, 100 miles away,
for more surgery on 16th Feb this year.
(This meant 3 major surgeries in 14 months!!)
I'm now recuperating.
I can't sit upright for long
but
so longed to be in touch with you all.







'What's with the photos of the tree?'
I hear you ask

This is the tree outside my bedroom window.
I see a lot of it these days!
I loved the way the golden evening sun
was catching it
and
highlighting the lichen on the branches.

There are so many golden moments that we can miss because we are looking down
or inwards.....
sometimes I feel that I need to stop
looking at all
I've been/ am going through
and take note of the golden moment 
that is there 
for such a fleeting time!





So what else has been happening?
Well not a great deal...

I shared about my Open University studies....
I passed my Examinable Assignment
and am now
thoroughly enjoying my second year.
It is still at foundation level
but is just so interesting!
It takes 16 hours of study a week..
so the course guide says...
but...
I find it much, much more!

Unfortunately there is a 3 hour exam in June 
and I am really not
looking forwards to that.
However, I will face that one when I get to it!
If I find it is stressing me too much
then I will stop!!





I was down at the coast
before I went into hospital.....
and loved the way the dark clouds
had breaks in them ,
allowing the sun above,
to break through and highlight
parts of the sea.




Who knows what's around the corner
but I have to believe
that the sun is behind the clouds
and only looking...
for an opportunity........
to break through.


So sorry it's taken me so long
but
it's good to catch up with
whoever happens to read this!
Thanks so much for
being there for me whenever I can manage
to post!!





Same tree.......
..........different day!!





20 comments:

  1. How WONDERFUL to see you here. I am so sorry that you have had to go through so much with your health and had to suffer all that pain. God bless you. What an terrible journey to have to walk.

    Good for you for your studies! You will do fine on the exam You know you will!

    Beautiful tree-and I think it probably gives you hope to watch it and see it reborn from season to season.

    Thanks for popping by my blog and leaving me a comment. Take good care of yourself. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I can't believe you needed another surgery! That is so horrible. I hope you are in much less pain now. Love the photos of the tree, it is so gorgeous. Great news about your studies. That is fantastic. Hugs to you,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  3. So good to hear from you. Healing from surgery is never fast, hope the pain has diminished. Loose screws ! I've been thinking about you for quite awhile. Beautiful tree. Hugs.
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a perfect Rainbow...to remind us all to look up, look out.
    Take Care lovely lady.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh it was like a ray of sunshine coming in my window seeing a comment from you then seeing this post. I have been wondering how you are. I am so happy they figured out the pain. Life in farming is hard and I know you understand this it makes you tough but pain is hard to take for too long. I have no doubt you can do anything you put your mind to and I admire your strength and courage. Sending hug lots of hugs. I have to go it is calving time and it is not going as well as we want I know you understand this,Sometimes the journey is long and hard but it is a journey that must be taken. Sending hugs and prayers. HUG xo B

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Joan! So good to hear from you again. Thanks for sharing the lovely photos...filled with amazing light...your view in spite of the challenges you are facing. I'm glad your studies are bringing you joy. The stack of books beside me continues to grow: art, Orthodoxy, sheep farming :-) I enjoy exploring this way, too. Wishing you well!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Soooo, you had more than one screw loose, literally! That happened (years ago) to my bionic dog and they made an incision and removed it. Hope your recovery goes smoothly. Gorgeous images!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad to hear from you! I'm so sorry you had to have another surgery-praying for a quick recovery and for healing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Joan, I am so very glad to read this post from you! You have often been in my thoughts! I send along my very best wishes for a speedy complete recovery! What amazing photographs! xo Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness.. that sounds awful and why didn't they tighten them up in the first place?? That rainbow shot is just fab! I hope you recover soon and are up and about.. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's good to hear from you again. You have been busy with your assignments and study, well done on your pass!
    I hope that all is well and you heal up properly after this round of surgery.
    Love the shots of the tree, and the positive aspect you get from looking at it.

    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  12. Welcome back, it is so good to see you! Oh you poor thing; you have really been through it! Your tree and it's many looks is beautiful!! I hope you are able to get out soon and will be mostly pain free.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It is good to see you post again.I pray your complete healing will come soon.The photos are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's so lovely to hear news of you! I'm so sorry you had to go through more pain but it sounds like you are feeling much more chipper now. Enjoy your studies!! xox

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's great to hear from you again. I hope that you are starting to get through the worst of the pain... and congratulations on all your OU success. Jx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful photos! I think I like the last one best ...perhaps it´s just my mood but it makes me think of a promise of good things to come :-) So very nice to see you back here but sorry to hear you have had to have surgery once again. I do hope it will be the last one for you! Wonderful indeed that your are enjoying the open university so much !
    Take care now :-)

    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  17. It is so good to hear from you again...and the pictures of the tree/light/rainbow and your thoughts were absolutely stunning and perfect. I love how God puts these things together in our hearts and minds ...and especially that you took the time to share them with us. I will be praying for you as you recover from this surgery. I am truly sorry you have had so many issues with your back surgeries. I have had back surgery that was similar to yours, and have done so well...I am truly thankful...and will continue to pray for you that this time will be the one that truly works and brings healing and relief to you. May God continue to work in your life and heart. Hope to hear from you again soon. Blessings my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hello how lovely to see you back. I was wondering how you were. So sorry to hear the news re pain and more surgery. Do hope you will recover well. Congrats on your OU success. Hope next stage goes well. Enjoyed the lovely photos. Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely to hear from you and lovely pics. All the best for your exams! I sure wouldn't want to have to do any after so many years. Cheers from Carole's Chatter

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hello Joan,
    So sorry to read about more surgery. I know what its like, after 3 spinal fusions i went through.
    I wish you a speedy recovery.
    The pics of the tree are lovely.. spring is just around the corner.
    wishing you good luck with your studies and exams.
    val

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting on my blog. I look forward to reading your thoughts and ideas!