Saturday 26 May 2012

And The Award Goes To









I've been honoured to receive the
Kreativ Blogger Award
from

I love reading her blog.
She takes us on a journey through her garden and flowers......... to books she's enjoying and craft.....
Thank you Dorothy!

As a recipient of this award I am aware that it
comes with responsibility.....
I have to tell 7 things about myself that other bloggers would find interesting:


1.I was born in Scotland just after the war.
2. I went to 9 different schools as my father progressed up his corporate ladder.
3.I married when I was 19 a lovely man 15 years older than myself.  Most of  you know that we have just celebrated our 46th Wedding Anniversary!
4. I have a son and two daughters who have provided us with 8 beautiful grandchildren. 7 handsome boys and one beautiful girl.
5.  I trained as a counsellor and taught counselling at our local college as well as having my own couselling practice.
6. I love where I live and want others to love it too.  I feel so fortunate. So I love my garden and walking around our beautiful coast
7.  I am a Christian and am used in ministry in our church.  In 2006-7 I was President of the English Wing of the Baptist Union of Wales


Now I have to pass the award on to 7 bloggers that I feel are deserving.  That is so hard as I believe everyone is deserving so in passing on to a few it doesn't mean that I feel all the others are undeserving!


So I pass the award on to;




Noreen at Life Blessings


Alana at All Is Amazing


Faith


Diane at Lavender Dreams


Donna



These are all lovely blogs
part of the many that I have learnt so much from
since I started blogging!

So, if you haven't met them,
please take a look at their blogs



PS.  Please don't forget my Giveaway ends on 1st June

11 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the award!!! I have been enjoying getting to know you! We do have things in common. I married at 19, and we have been married 43 years. We also have many jobs in the church, my husband is substitute pastor. It must have been so hard moving so much when you were growing up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so nice to get to know you better. And thank you so much for the award, my friend. I'm a little under the weather today so I'm appreciating the kindness even more! Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my word, I am so honored. Thank you so much. It was wonderful to learn more about you. You are always such a blessing when you visit my blog and leave such gracious comments. Hope your weekend is fabulous. Thanks again. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations!
    I love Pembrokeshire and hope to return there again one day but until then I will keep popping over to your blog for a fix!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats to you!

    Thanks for telling us a little about yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations ... very well deserved :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations Joan, on a well deserved award.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Joan, Thank you for the honor you've given me; you also deserve congrat's on the award. You have a wonderful sense of artistry with your photos and I love reading of your life. I'm so thankful to have found you!
    Noreen

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well deserved . . . Enjoying meeting your friends . . .

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very interesting facts Joan. I too married at nineteen. My husband is 5 years older than me. Child brides we both were!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I found you through Alana at All is Amazing and couldn't get over the similarities of our lives. I too was born just after the war and married at 18. We will celebrate our 47 anniversary in July. I have 1 girl and 2 boys and 9 grand children 7 boys and 2 girls! I am bookmarking your blog and will be checking in often to see what is going on.
    Patricia

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting on my blog. I look forward to reading your thoughts and ideas!