Saturday 5 May 2012

Dreams












When I was young I had a favourite book.

Cinderella


The pictures were beautiful of a young girl in a flowing gown

I suppose that thought must have stayed with me.............





Yesterday my son in love
came to do some work in my bedroom
I took all the 'stuff' off the window sill and elsewhere
and shoved it on the chest.


When I got up this morning I thought
'that looks good....I think I'll blog about it'
So here I am





I have collected these
for a very long time...I just love the flow of the skirts






and the 'freeness' of the women
They seem to have not a 'care in the world!'







This one in particular seems to remind me of the pictures in the book

It's something to do with the pattern on the skirt

Darn it....I wish I could just find the book
and show you!!






These 2 were bought in 1984 and seem
not to have as much expression on their faces!








Royal Doulton were selling  statues
for each month of the year
with a (fake) gemstone of the month on the bodice. 

 My mother bought one for each of us
including herself


This is mine.......





A few months ago she gave me hers
and I had to laugh.


Mine had brown hair (well my hair was brown once)
though to 'fess up...it never looked like that!


Hers was.....







naturally chestnut until only a few years ago!

**********

The other things on the top of the chest
 that
I would like to mention....




The little vase of flowers.

When I was in the USA two years ago
a friend made two of these specially for me.



The work that went into making
each of these small flowers in beads
must have been so painstaking and long
and yet she did it for me and I am so grateful for her skill, time but most of all care and.....
Christian love for me!!

Thank you Heather!!

The other...........




of Cinderella

 you have already seen.

I bought it, for myself, when I was with  
my grand-daughter in a Disney store in London.


I suppose that I could see myself, like Cinderella, standing at the top of the steps........
waiting for my Prince Charming!


In fact I found my Prince nearly 46 years ago.
He's downstairs snoring...I mean sleeping peacefully.



With all that has been happening in my life recently
it would be nice to have a Prince come and
take me away from it all.


I am so grateful that I know in whose scarred hands
I trust my future








I'm linking with Marty at Table Top Tuesday


I'm joiningBeverly inBeverly's Pink Saturday




16 comments:

  1. What a wonderful collection of beautiful figurines :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for visiting me today Joan and for your good wishes. It's nice to meet you. I loved looking at your Royal Doulton ladies...first because it made me smile as I thought about my mother-in-law who passed away in November (at age 95!) -- she had quite a few of the ladies and I too always loved their flowing skirts. I gave some to her friends as remembrances and kept one for myself. And then I saw Royal Doulton and can't help but think of dear old Hyacinth Bucket .. the Bucket woman with her Royal Doulton china with the hand painted periwinkles! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed this post. Makes me want to post about my daughter's figurine collection. Love your sense of humor.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Joan,
    thanks for all your lovely comments on my blog, I read every single one but not always have the time to respond, I enjoyed reading this post, I love to dream and I think a dress like the little dolls are wearing would be funny to have, to feel like a lady instead of jeans all the time, anyhoo.... hope you are ok, enjoy the Sunday. (and I read your comment on Caroline's blog, really sweet xx).
    Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those ladies are very pretty. My mom had started a collection for me of Avon women with perfume that were dressed like this. I think I might have them stored away somewhere. and the beaded flowers are lovely indeed. Sorry to hear you've had a bad time of it lately. Take care and have a great rest of the weekend. Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Joan, My daughter took her two children to disney world for spring break...Savannah is 10, but she was thrilled to see all the princesses.:):) I love all your pretty girls in their gowns. Smiles to you and yours, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  7. How absolutely delightful and so femine,I just love the Cinderella one,I bought a small one in a done for my Granddaughter ..no wonder you love them,thank you for sharing them with us.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi there Joan. Here I am, now following you. Thank you so much for your visit to my blog. I love your blog, so I know that I am going to enjoy coming over to visit. We are fairly close as well, as I live here in Devon! I love your stunning header photo. Also, I see that you haven't been blogging that long, so WELCOME to our world. I know that you are going to love it, and meeting people from all over the world. I also collect Royal Doulton figurines, so how about that! I love how you call them your sons and daughter in love! I have another bloggy friend in American who also says that. I'm sorry that you had that accident which affected your mobility. It must be very frustrating for you, I would think. I love how you bought that little cinderella in her carriage for YOU, whilst in the Disney store with your granddaughter! Gosh, 8 grandchildren! Blessings indeed. You will see photos of my grandchildren in my post tomorrow (Sunday). Really looking forward to coming back to visit you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh such pretty ornaments ever one. Your last two figurines are very pretty.
    Hope you are keeping well. Take care!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. They are pretty, my nanuse to have lovley ladies like these. I don't no what happened to them.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful collection. My granddaughters are all about the Princesses, too. I think they are magical and wonderful. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Joan: Beautiful collection of ladies. Didn't we all dream of a Prince Charming at one time or another, and maybe just a wee bit still..Happy Weekend..Judy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely collection of ladies! I'm glad you have your Prince. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the details of the older figurines. Thank you for sharing these!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The figurines are beautiful! I always loved the story of Cinderella too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, those are beautiful. My daughter would love those. Following you back.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting on my blog. I look forward to reading your thoughts and ideas!