Wednesday 25 April 2012

Last Day in Devon


 


I phoned hubby this morning 
to see if the fort was still standing 
and he commiserated with me about the weather...
he had seen an earlier forecast actually from Torquay.  The forecaster was standing in torrential rain and the sea coming over the wall!!

I blithely told him the sun was shining and we were going out

To which he suspiciously replied,"where are you...you're obviously not in Torquay"



I tried to take a picture of the waves from the distance as we were not allowed along the sea road.

Later we travelled along it. 
There was sand and seaweed everywhere. 
The water had flooded the gardens opposite...to the delight of the seagulls and ducks!





This afternoon, despite the rain, we decided to go to Cockington.  
My sister used to live near 
and we would go whenever I visited.

There were some delightful thatched cottages in the village.
















Anyone for tea in the rain?




Table arrangement for those that appreciate prettily arranged tables




The rose garden at Cockington Hall must be beautiful in the Summer
I'd love to visit when they are blooming!




I loved the church through the trees




it's been a good visit even though the weather hasn't always been good.

I do hope that I haven't bored you with too many photos!!

11 comments:

  1. Beautiful, storybook images for a girl like me....thank you so much for sharing your vacation with your Mum. I would love to have tea with you tea in one of the quaint tearooms!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No Joan, your pictures are beautiful. They show such a wonderful place. I have always loved those little thatched roofs..Happy Wednesday..Judy

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lot of rain you have had! I love those little houses along the lane and I think all those little cottages are just darling- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. We need some rain here.

    The pictures are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bore us? Are you kidding me? I LOVED these photos!! Those cottages with the wavy roofs...oh SWOON!!!! I would love to be right there with you...rain and all!!!
    Thanks so much for sharing your trip with us!!
    XO Kris

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw that same weather report yesterday too....you've obviously had a fair bit of rain! We have here too, and yesterday after walking the dog, I needed a full change of clothes, despite wearing a w/proof coat!

    Great pictures, having them all here on your blog, is a great way of journaling your hols.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Despite the rain it is beautiful! Thanks for stopping by my blog and I have a followed you back :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for letting us "travel" with you!
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  9. What lovely photos! It is grey and rainy here in New York, too. I'd love to have "tea in the rain", as long as we are watching it from the inside!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Even in the rain, the area is beautiful! Gorgeous pictures - thank you for taking us along on your trip.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting on my blog. I look forward to reading your thoughts and ideas!