Saturday 17 February 2018

Spring comes creeping!




Hello my friends
thank you so much for taking the time to write me.
I haven't kept up with blogging
the way I've hoped to
each time I've written.
I'm not making promises  but
one blog at a time… eh!!

It's hard to believe I know
but the winter is gradually moving on.
Even though it's been very cold here in Wales
there are already signs
of snowdrops
I always think of them as the harbinger of spring.





The hedges here in Wales
a full of these brave little flowers!
They are just so pretty
nodding their little heads in the breeze.




Daffodils are starting to appear.....
in sheltered areas of the garden.
I love to see the sunshine of their faces 
brightening up the corners.




1st March is St David's Day....
the patron saint of Wales
and daffodils along with leaks are 
the emblem of Wales.

On St David's Day
it's lovely to see the children going to school
dressed in Welsh costume.
The girls wear a skirt, shawl and the bonnet.
The boys wear Welsh rugby shirts.




I think I've written that I do a voluntary job.....
guiding visitors around a local castle.
A new enterprise at the castle
is something called
The Secret Owl Garden. 
The other day I visited this garden to see the owls.




I've heard extremely good reports of this enterprise.
I wasn't disappointed.
They house about 20 owls from all over the world and
hope to house even more.




Now when people ask me.....
is it worth going to see them?
I have no hesitation in recommending them.




I haven't really read anything special recently
as I have been totally focused
on trying to make a good job of my assignment.
I think I told you that....
I have had to defer last year due to illness
and, certainly, picking up where I left off has been
very hard. However I think I am beginning 
to get a handle on the Latin.
It's difficult but I am determined to
finish this year and progress 
to the courses that I really want to do.
Everything has been focused on this assignment
and I finally finished it
and submitted it
this morning.
Can you hear the loud cheers?
I am so relieved!

I haven't even done much crafting this week
which is a pity because it does relax me.



It's half term this week
and I'm intending to travel to the Midlands
to visit my mother.
I wasn't looking forward to the driving
especially  with my respiratory problem but
last night my daughter texted 
and asked if I would like her and her children
to come with me.
I am just so delighted.
The company will be lovely.
I'm sure that my mother will be really thrilled
as she hasn't seen them for over a year.




Once again, I intend to get in touch......
with all of you who wrote to me.
It was so lovely
to hear from you, as each one of you
is special to me.
Just seeing your names
as they came up on my computer
made me  so delighted!
I really hope
to continue what I've started again.






12 comments:

  1. I am so happy to see your instagram photos, instant link to you. Thank you for writing today. Love seeing the hints of spring.
    Hugs.
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. I have enjoyed seeing you on IG too. Sorry for late reply. I was shattered after last week & only just getting into my stride!!

      Delete
  2. i am so glad spring is on its way. Hoe you have a lovely time at your mums with your family. Which castle do you volunteer at? We have visited lots in Pembrokeshire over the years.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have fun with your family. That is the best medicine. Take care. Hugs B

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot. It’s so good starting to get back in touch with folk!!

      Delete
    2. I went to visit you but was told I had to be invited so I obv didn’t!! I dont know what it is all about??

      Delete
  4. Good to see you post again. A wonderful feeling to have completed your assignment I'm sure.
    Safe travels to my part of the world - The Midlands to see your mum. Last year my mum was here for a short time. It was supposed to a permanent move but things changed. It has been a difficult time but life has to go on.
    I am certainly pleased to be seeing signs of Spring here as well. Take care. Anne x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anne. Thanks. So sorry to hear of problems with your Mum. I’ve been trying so hard to persuade my Mum to come down here! We had a lovely time all together as my daughter decid d, at the last minute, to come. Mum loved seeing the boys!
      As I write the snow is falling so I don’t know what will happen to the bulbs that have just started flowering!?
      You take care of yourself too. Joan x

      Delete
  5. Lovely pictures . . .
    Snow Drops are a delight to see . . .
    We are still covered in feet of white!
    Enjoy your visit with your mum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lynne
      Yes, I love snowdrops. They are so brave and hardy while seeming so delicate! We had a good visit with Mum. Shame she lives so far away!

      Delete
  6. Enjoy your visit to your mom-made all the more special by your daughter and grands going along.

    Beautiful pictures and I love that owl exhibit. I would love to see it myself.

    I am glad you got your assignment done and handed in...now you can rest your mind for a bit about it. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes. Assignment done but next one on the horizon! I missed a week’s work so am madly trying to catch up with everything.
    The owls are really interesting. They have so many different types there, too!
    I’m on my way to visit you. Joan x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting on my blog. I look forward to reading your thoughts and ideas!