Monday 12 March 2018

March Comes in Like a Lion?? Or Does It?!






This is the point where I should be showing you
photos of the snow covered countryside!
Because, although Pembrokeshire
doesn't usually suffer snow,
last weekend,
when 'The Beast From The East'
(as the weathermen called the really cold weather 
that we suffered)
we had snow for several days!!



In fact when the snow melted.....
so did the water pipes
and our mains water (and our neighbours')
was off for 3 days!
Hard enough for us.....
but a real worry was seeing to water for the cattle!
We sorted ours and then managed to help our neighbour.



Eventually all was well
but, even though our water has been back nearly a week
the quality of the mains water
we are receiving is foul and we are.... 
still having to use bottled water!




These pictures were taken on a walk
just before the snow arrived.
The first one is on the way to Fishguard
(where the ferries leave for Ireland)
The rock formation is called by some.......
Maiden Castle.
I suppose it does look a bit like a maiden 
looking at a castle??

The rest are taken at Goodwick
where the ferry terminal is situated.
Although the ferry had 
already left when we arrived!



It was a glorious afternoon
and we were so glad that we had braved the cold.
On one side, and in amongst the trees,
is a large hotel where there are many wedding receptions!
We have been to quite a few.
It's a stunning location!



I have been back
volunteering as a guide at Picton Castle.
They have changed the hours
a little so there is at least 
an opportunityto have a cup of tea 
and something to eat!



I love the way they have made seats
around the tree.
It used to be more overhung and secluded
but they've lopped quite a lot away..
pity really!



Some of the trees are incredible.
As you can probably imagine...
the children love... 
climbing and hanging from...
the branches!



The camellias are starting to open
and are looking glorious.
These photos were taken before the snow
so goodness knows 
what they look like now!



I must explore next week!



I'm not going this week
as I have to be in the hospital 
for another set of injections on Wednesday.



The pond was frozen so the tadpoles
had obviously and wisely, sunk to the bottom
but it didn't seem to bother
this dragonfly!



What else have I been up to??
Well, I am still
involved in decorating in my planners.....
and also my Travellor's Notebooks (TNs)



Isn't this a lovely kit?
Its from @sparklesdelight
I really love the colours and the owls are so cute!
I suppose I like them even more having seen 
the lovely owls at Picton Castle?

I am also very busy studying for my degree.
I find the Latin really hard
and, basically, remember nothing from my school days!

I had a good grade for my last assignment though
so I'm pleased about that.
Hopefully, if I pass the exams in June,
I will be on to the next level 
that I'm really looking forward to studying.
Don't get me wrong.....
the literature side of this course has been 
soooo interesting!
I love it!

I'm also, when I have time,
reading a very magical book called....
'The Toymakers' 
by Robert Dinsdale.
It is absolutely intriguing about an Emporium in London
and the old man who makes,
with his sons,
these magical toys that seem
to bring you back 
to the way you perceived things as a child!
Magical toys 
and
an old man with an unusual history.
I have a job putting it down!!

Well,
I suppose I had better close for now.
Once I start speaking with you
I don't want to stop!!



#sparklesdelight  #thetoymakers  #netgalley



6 comments:

  1. You have a lot of interesting things to see and do. I hope the weather is better this week. I've been making some traveler's notebooks and they sure are fun to work on. Enjoy your week! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Yes. I have joined a crafting class and learnt to make them a couple of weeks ago. Such fun! Hope all’s well with you?

      Delete
  2. Fabulously beautiful header photo! Enjoying my first visit, arrived here from Nana Diana.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you had an absolutely wonderful time. i have been looking at it’s write up. Looks really good!?

      Delete
  3. Joan, i love seeing the beautiful country side that you come from! such quaint lil villages and cobblestone walks. the water and hills just beautiful. sounds like you are doing well and keeping busy. love your albums you have made. im sorry to hear of the water problems! no fun for sure! we are getting big beautiful snow falls right now but up here in northern Minnesota its beautiful but we are all sick of it! another day tomorrow of snow blowing! enjoy your day Joan i need to stop by more often!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh dear!! It does look so lovely but causes so many problems. We in UK have nothing compared to you folks. Do hope things are a little better now? Thank for your lovely comments about our county. X

      Delete

Thanks so much for commenting on my blog. I look forward to reading your thoughts and ideas!